Industrial Marketing Manager - Food Processing – Chicago, IL
Company Name: Morton Salt Import
Min Education: Not Specified
Job Type: Full Time
Min Experience: Not Specified
· USA - Chicago Illinois, 60290
· USA - Chicago Illinois, 60601
Morton Salt has been a leading salt provider to the food processing industry for over 160 years. Morton Salt offers over 50 products designed for food manufacturers, including innovative products such as Star Flake® Dendritic Salt, California Pure Sea Salt, Morton® Lite Salt™ Mixture and Culinox® 999®.
As Food Marketing Manager for the Morton Salt’s Industrial business, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining marketing strategies that meet the business’s short-term and long-term objectives. You will design, gain cross-functional alignment and drive key market development and management initiatives aimed at strengthening the business’s position, improving its profitability and driving demand in the food processing industry.
· Develop and implement market strategies that carve out a sustainable competitive position for Morton Salt in accordance with its business objectives. •
· Design and execute annual marketing plans, leading key segment initiatives through to successful completion. •
· Gain organizational alignment on key requirements and collaborate effectively across functions to maximize growth and business results for Morton Salt. •
· Manage market segment profitability by preparing and managing an annual budget, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. • Provide input into strategic account level pricing and support. •
· Work in conjunction with Sales, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Manufacturing to allocate scarce products when necessary. •
· Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on customer/market opportunities, improving product positioning, coordinating new product development, developing sales tools, implementing targeted promotional programs, establishing pricing strategies and monitoring costs, supply and demand. Manage improvement initiatives by providing sales volume and profit projections and monitoring performance against targets. •
· Enhance market and customer understanding by building relationships with key accounts and distributor partners and by staying abreast of industry trends, influences and shifts in regulations and/or standards and competitive landscape. Incorporate these learnings into the segment marketing plan and leverage as a vehicle to educate our organization on current and potential future market/customer needs. •
· Perform customer/product/market specific financial analysis to support pricing actions, capital expansion, new product development and/or new channels of distribution. •
· Communicate segment performance, progress against key initiatives as well as issues and opportunities to various internal audiences as required.
· Minimum seven years of experience in business/related field with minimum 3 years of food industry experience. •
· Must have previous marketing experience, preferably in a business to business environment.
· College degree in Business, Engineering or Food Science required; MBA degree a plus.
Personal Skills/Attributes/Qualifications •
· Strategic thinker. •
· Well-rounded business acumen with a strong understanding of marketing concepts and fundamentals. •
· Demonstrated ability to build a strategic marketing plan and drive results. •
· Team player with advanced relationship management, influence and consensus building skills. •
· Analytical and comfortable with data analysis. •
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written. •
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with SAP a plus. •
· Excellent problem solving and presentation skills. *cb
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org