Auditor – GFSI Certified - DFA of California - Fresno, CA
Location: Fresno – Tulare – Bakersfield
Full Time/ Permanent
The primary responsibilities of this position are to conduct food safety related audits at food manufacturing and distribution facilities and other related sites within the food supply chain. The audits will be accredited certified audits requiring candidates for this position to be a registered BRC and/or SQF Auditor. ASQ HACCP Certification is required within six months of hire date.
· Conduct HACCP and GFSI benchmarked (BRC and SQF) supplier audits in a variety of food processing and related environments.
· Maintain confidentiality about all aspects of work and adhere to all procedures established by DFA of California and its auditing clients.
· Ensure consistency and accuracy in all audits and audit reports.
· Follow and adhere with all required protocols and procedures of the certification body, scheme standards, and accreditation body.
· Maintain applicable professional development and training required for audit proficiency.
· Acquire additional certifications to other GFSI benchmarked food safety, distribution, and or packaging standards the certification body undertakes and achieves accreditation for.
· Bachelor degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Food Engineering, or related field.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a quality assurance role within a food manufacturing facility and broad knowledge/experience of various food-beverage processing operations.
· Knowledge of the dried fruit and nut, dairy, beverage, and/or bakery industries is highly desirable
· Direct experience performing third party audits and strong knowledge in GMP s, food safety practices and management systems, HAACP, QMS, SQF, BRC, and relevant government regulations is required.
· Registered BRC and/ or SQF Auditor. Registered auditor in other GFSI benchmarked schemes (IFS, FSSC 22000) is highly desirable.
· ASQ HACCP certification is preferred and must be attained within six months of hire date.
· Auditors are field-based, working from home. A minimum of 80% travel, including overnight stays is required. Schedules are coordinated with the certification body.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail. Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
· Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and scheme standard databases (e.g., SQF Reliance)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org