At Wayne Farms, our recipe for success begins with the
highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role
in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributing to
our success as the most technically advanced producers of superior poultry
products. We are one of the world’s largest
vertically integrated poultry producers with our corporate headquarters in
Oakwood, GA (North of Atlanta) and locations throughout the Southeast. We
continue to lead our industry in quality while consistently exceeding
expectations by our commitment to being partners of choice with our
employees, customers, and communities. Our growth is your opportunity.
Supervise technicians and coordinate daily activities of the Product
Development Lab. Develop food products and processes that successfully meet
the needs of the customer.
[Responsibilities and Tasks]
- Lead and supervise an hourly employee staff of up to 10 employees in the
Product Development Lab.
- Responsible for the safety, performance, staffing, time and attendance,
and training of hourly technicians.
- Ensures appropriate inventory level of supplies, materials, ingredients,
etc. needed for the day to day operation of the Product Development Lab.
- Development of bench top prototype products which will require utilizing
skills in formulation, flavor profiling, labeling, specification
development, sensory evaluation, and culinary development among others.
- Adjusts prototypes in accordance with written and verbal instructions or
- Assists in process development for commercialization of new products.
- Develops and maintains an organized documentation process.
- Develops and improves the project summary process.
- Directs lab technician activities as required within the scope of the
- Plans and organizes prioritizes and assigns activities in order to meet
- Oversees commercialization of products developed.
- Lead and actively participate in team meetings.
- Effectively interacts with other departments & organizations such as:
QA, Operations, Sales, Marketing, USDA and Customers.
- Applies a high level of creative and innovative skills to “outside the
- Successfully demonstrate competencies in leadership and management,
including, but not limited to Planning, Delegation, Conflict Management,
Customer Focus, and Sizing Up People.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
[Minimum Skill Levels and Work Experience]
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or related field.
- 3 years relevant experience in related field of product development.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
[Preferred Skill Levels and Work Experience]
- Product and process development experience.
- Prior supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- 5 years relevant experience in related field of product development.
- Graduate Degree in Food Science or related field.
We seek to hire professionals who add
value each day, guide their decisions legally, ethically, and in line with
company policy. In return, Wayne Farms is committed to enhancing our
employees quality of life by delivering a great work environment,
competitive pay, professional development, and an industry leading benefits
package including: medical, dental, and eye-care coverage, employer-matched
401(k), disability income protection, life insurance, flex spending
accounts and voluntary benefits such as critical illness insurance, accident
insurance and long-term care indemnity insurance. If you're interested in
this opportunity to join a growing and prosperous company, submit your
resume online today!
Wayne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: To all recruitment agencies: Wayne Farms does
not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias,
Wayne Farms employees or any other company location. Wayne Farms is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.