Food Safety Manager 1st Shift Ė Landover, MD
Division : Smithfield Packing
Location : Landover Maryland US 20785
Category : Food Service/Sales
Job Type : Full Time
Job Description :
Food Safety Manager is on the onsite food safety and regulatory authority at the facility. The position has the primary responsibility of driving the food safety systems of the plant by developing, modifying, and maintaining the plantís HACCP, SSOP, and regulatory programs to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements for the production of safe and wholesome food.
2. Lead the plant HACCP team and train the employees in the monitoring and verfiying the Critical Control points.
3. Manage the Preshipment review control program to ensure all the requirements of the HACCP program are met and documented before releasing product to ship.
4. Develop a complete SSOP program to ensure the plant is maintained in a sanitary condition at all times.
5. Train all employees in the requirements of the HACCP, SSOP, and Food Safety prerequisite programs and audit documentation to ensure compliance.
6. Reassess both the HACCP and SSOP programs at least annually and modify based on new and emerging knowledge that impacts the risk assessment.
7. Develop and maintain the scientific documentation to support the decision making process that occurs during the risk assessment.
8. Manage the USDA plant relations and act a the plant liaison to resolve all USDA issues or concerns.
9. Resolve and respond to all USDA Non-Compliance Records in a complete and timely manner. Appeal any Non-Compliance records that are inaccurate or incomplete. Ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
10. Develop the methods and procedures to become cogniznat of changes in the Regulatory environment so the plant can remain on the leading edge of issues.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelorís or Master Degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or other related field.
- 3+ of progressive food processing environment under HACCP, USDA, and/of FDA is a plus.
- 3+ facilitating food safety/quality related training events.
- Previous experience with Global Food Safety Initiative recognized programs a plus.
- Must have strong organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Able to work with cross fictional departments within the organization.
- Good problem solving and corrective action/resolution skills
- Strong computer skills, with experience using Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point. SAP experience is a plus.
Career Level : Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com