Quality Scientist – Food Safety – Taco Bell Corporation – Irvine, CA
Taco Bell Corporation is the largest Mexican-style restaurant chain in the world, with $5.2 billion in annual system wide sales. The vision at Taco Bell is to exceed expectations every day in everything we do. So it’s no wonder that we’re part of Yum! Brands, Inc., the largest restaurant company in the world. To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for talented individuals who share our values of teamwork, respect, accountability, integrity and innovation.
The Quality Scientist manages Taco Bell’s compliance, food safety and quality programs for Tortilla, flatbread, pre-friend items and other ingredients as directed (13+ facilities and ingredients). This individual will also provide Quality and Food Safety guidance to National Marketing Calendar and training initiatives.
· Prioritizes and coordinates continuous improvement projects based on overall business and technical needs of Taco Bell.
· Monitors performance of current suppliers to identify quality improvement needs; establishes measurable performance goals.
· Conduct Quality, Food Safety, and Process reviews as necessary to ensure supplier performance meets Taco Bell requirements.
· Ensures specifications are complete and accurate, and meet product design requirements.
· Support developing/expanding of new facilities with supply chain of any/all ingredients required for successful growth.
· Assist with National Calendar projects to resolve issues and implement needed quality initiatives.
· Facilitate annual supplier summit and communicate key information to supplier base.
· B.S. Food Science, Agriculture, Chemistry, or Microbiology
· 5+ years in Food Science
· Strong project management skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Strong organizational skills
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org