Quality & Food Safety Manager-TOM00014 - Wisconsin
Purpose of Role
This position leads the site QS resources to assure the on-going production of high quality and safe food products that comply with product design and meet or exceed customer and consumer expectations.
As a member of the site staff, the position is responsible to implement all quality systems, assure effective change management and drive continuous process improvement.
As the primary R&D representative at the site, the position has shared accountability to support research projects in raw materials, product development and process improvement.
· Manages all quality assurance, technical services, QC and laboratory functions for
· As a member of the site staff, participates in and influences the development and
implementation of site strategies.
· Provides direction and influence for the development, implementation and
continuous improvement of all quality systems.
· Assures that all products and packs produced at the site are safe for consumption
and conform to the intended product design. This includes being responsible for
change management and process improvement as the R&D Quality Champion.
· Directs the quality and product safety components of all R&D driven projects at the
site through quality planning, specifications development, and project oversight for
compliance to GMP's and other company policies and guidelines.
· In partnership with the Technical Applications team, supports the site
implementation of all new products, line extensions and continuous quality
improvement projects including the effective execution of line trials and execution
of process capability evaluations.
· Manages the internal quality audit function for site and assures the effectiveness of
the corrective and preventative action process within the framework of the plant's
Quality Management System.
· Represent the "owners" of the Mars business at the site with respect to the quality
and safety of products and the food processing environment. This responsibility
includes participation in the management of crises involving products, and the on-
going interpretation and reporting of information from our customers and
· Manage QS Technicians on the site to assure skills development and certification,
resource planning for site based and R&D project execution especially as involves
line start ups, management training and the on-going maintenance of a learning
· Ensure adherence to the Mars Global Quality and Food Safety Standards including
but not limited to HACCP, PRIMP, QMP, and MQM.
Mission Critical Competencies
· Directing Others
· Managing and Measuring Work
· Building Effective Teams
· Conflict Management
· Strategic Agility
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
· HACCP and food safety management
· ISO9000 and quality management systems
· Regulatory and food law including AAFCO Guidelines
· Problem solving
· Food microbiology, analytical chemistry, and sensory methods
· Process engineering, manufacturing equipment, and controls
· Activity Management Process
· Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Pest Control Management
· A minimum of 6 years of experience in a technical area such as R&D product development, laboratory management quality systems, or food process engineering.
· A BS degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering, related technical field or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 2 of the years with the management of people.
· An advanced understanding of quality systems and food safety programs.
· Advanced degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering
· 6 years of experience in a technical area such as R&D product development, laboratory management quality systems, or food process engineering.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare US offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Petcare US is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org