Food Technologist – Lisle, IL
- Develop new products and line
extensions from bench top to commercialization under direct supervision.
- Perform pilot plant tests to
generate product prototypes, document, organize product reviews, and
provide oral and written communication on progress of projects.
- Able to run production tests at
manufacturing plants developing commercially viable new products or
reformulated products to improve quality.
- Work with on-line formulation
data base system creating or adjusting product formulations.
- Maintain accurate project
files, formulations, specifications and product/project data.
- Work with cross functional
teams (Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, Engineering, Quality,
Process Control etc.) in projects providing product development support
to the projects.
- Able to improve product
development skills through appropriate training, understanding, USDA/FDA
regulations and hands-on working in projects.
- Assist other R&D team
members if required to generate prototypes.
- Ability to multi-task. Should
possess strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and time
- Strong scientific knowledge of
meat, non-meat ingredients and their functionality. Able to work with
pilot plant equipment with minimum supervision.
- Must be a quick learner
- Proficient in on-line work
systems and product development software tools.
- Maybe required to travel 30-40%
of the time.
- BS in Meat Science or related
field plus a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience
preferably in the meat industry.
- MS in Meat Science with 1-2
years relevant work experience.
Lisle, IL, US.
Copyright (C) All rights
reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your
email to firstname.lastname@example.org