Supv Food Safety & Quality-12007023 – Deer Park, TX
Schwan’s Global Supply Chain, a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Company, is hiring a Supervisor of Food Safety and Quality (FSQ) at our food manufacturing plant in the Houston, TX area. This position is responsible for assuring that all products produced are safe, wholesome and meet company standards for quality and consistency.
· Assures compliance to all areas of manufacturing including: raw materials, processing, finished product, storage, handling, and shipping. As well as, developing, implementing, and maintaining a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points Program.
· Assists in the development and maintenance of raw materials sub- assembly and finished product specifications.
· Approves all raw materials for use in production via sampling and inspection guidelines.
· Monitors packaging containers for quality and capacity.
· Coordinates with management in areas of safety and discipline as prescribed by company policy to insure compliance with local and federal regulations.
· Takes appropriate steps to insure product safety awareness among employees and coordinates training for all employees in the areas of HACCP, GMP's and other regulations and insures documentation of program.
· Ensures that the preoperative sanitation inspections are conducted and proper follow- up occurs when unsanitary conditions exist.
· Monitors the established programs for incoming raw ingredients in the areas of product rotation, sampling, and reporting of data to management to assure conformance to specifications and follows up with suppliers and/or buyers to insure corrective action is taken if needed.
· Supervises testing procedures to insure that analysis methods are accurately followed.
· Establishes and maintains a systematic sampling of in-process and finished product using acceptable techniques.
· Keeps records of all tests performed and provides management with copies of test records.
· Aids and assists in areas of new product development assuring new product specifications meet quality assurance levels outlined by Marketing.
· Assists the USDA inspector in charge in the resolution of Process Deficiency Records or any other issues (labels sampling records etc.).
· Audits plant compliance to Federal and State regulatory standards.
· Supervises trains and develops subordinates.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: Typically has 5-7 years related experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of math, chemistry, and microbiology necessary. Intermediate skill in the use of electronic general ledger systems including the generation and use of reports from electronic general ledger systems. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, as well as, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively communicate verbally as well as in writing . Ability to effectively present information at meetings and respond to employees all levels of management and related business units. Experience in food or beverage manufacturing helpful. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
: US-Texas-DEER PARK-TX-612 GEORGIA (0757)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org