Senior Food Scientist
Location: Indianapolis, IN
We are assisting our client in the search for a Senior Food
Scientist. They are a privately held Midwest company fusing commercial
culinary art and science and providing complete custom food development,
blending and packaging to national restaurant chains, retail grocers and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads, as assigned, multiple projects from conception to
• Coordinates process initiation after initial guidelines and
• Develops new product concepts and prototypes.
• Identifies, selects and approves raw materials for use in
• Leads the evaluation and adjusting of product and
manufacturing cost parameters to meet operational and sales objectives.
• Provides effective cross-functional team leadership as
necessary on a project basis.
• Utilizes excellent communication skills to organize project
teams and activities, conducts project meetings and tasks, and reports on
project progress and results.
• Contributes technical knowledge and expertise to identify
project risks and rewards, solves project problems and implements solutions.
• Applies available resources to effectively meet R&D and
• Provides technical support to all internal departments and
customers, as assigned, in identifying and solving product design and
• Provides technical support to R&D in specific areas as
in-house primary resource.
• Designs and conducts raw material, process and product
evaluations and tests.
• Realizes customer needs by developing new concepts,
prototypes and products.
• Assist raw material sourcing, evaluation, improvement and
approval activities with Purchasing functions and/or suppliers.
• Assist in developing and delivering effective customer
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum Education: B.S. in food science or food-related
sciences (microbiology, chemistry, nutrition) is required.
• Preferred Education: BS. Or Master of Science Degree in Food
Science, Nutrition or related field preferred.
• Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of Food industry experience.
Experience in the product development of dry blends, batters, breadings, etc. preferred.