Quality & Food Safety
Intern – Lakeville, MN
The Malt-O-Meal Company
Where: Lakeville, MN
Sep. 28, 2011
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support within the area of Quality & Food Safety. The role provides a 10-12 week exposure to the critical aspects of a QFS department during on-going operations. Project work is focused on real-time issues and on high-priority activities within the QFS function.
The activities and duties are dependent on a specific assignment and will vary year to year. However, the general duties and accountabilities include:
· Support the regulatory affairs function in the areas of nutritional labeling, package graphics review, regulated claims, website review and nutritional data analysis.
· Enhance and/or develop quality systems that will lead to best in class programs.
· Keep abreast of consumer complaints and provide updates to the organization as to trends as well as initiating actions at the plant level to increase consumer satisfaction.
· Support the SQF initiative in both Levels 2 and 3.
· Participate in company sponsored events for summer interns.
Applicant must be enrolled as an undergraduate upper classman in Food Science. Enrollment in a Masters program in Food Science is preferred. Preference will be given to applicants that have an emphasis in the areas of nutrition and labeling, food safety and/or quality assurance.
Applicant must have exceptional problem-solving skills, be a proven innovator, have excellent communication skills and be creative. The ability to work effectively in team-based environment with multiple functional groups is a must. The ability to achieve results and execute multiple simultaneous projects is required, along with experience using statistical methods and design of experiments.