Assurance Technical Services Specialist – Centralia, IL
Pinnacle Foods Group, a $2 billion food company
manufacturer and marketer of quality brands such as Swanson Frozen Foods,
Hungry Man, Vlasic Pickles, Mrs. Paul's Frozen Fish, Celeste Pizza, Lender's
Bagels, Duncan Hines, Mrs. Butterworth's, Van de Kamp's, Aunt Jemima and Log
with co-packers and suppliers to ensure products meet Pinnacle Foods Quality
Standards. Works with co-packer and supplier management to recommend,
develop and implement quality system controls. Monitors co-packer to ensure quality checks and process controls
are carried out according to control plans. Monitors finished product
quality to ensure that it meets product quality as well as food safety
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures compliance with Pinnacle Standards and
quality system policies.
- Establishes in-process and
finished product standards and specification for assigned products.
Conducts product and process audits to
assess compliance to Pinnacle standards, policies and regulatory requirements.
Reports audit findings to Pinnacle and co-packer management. Maintains
corrective log, monitoring and reporting status of corrective actions.
- Conducts pre-operational inspection of manufacturing equipment to
verify that the sanitation practices have been effectively carried out.
- Assures accurate testing, reporting, and monitoring of product
safety and quality
- Maintains systems for checking and verifying process compliance,
including but not limited to SPC, HACCP, Quality Systems, and Formula
- Provides regular updates to Corporate
Quality Assurance outlining quality tends, issues and required
- Facilitates regular conference calls with
co-packer and corporate groups to manage priority quality and technical
- Advises the Plant Management Team on
quality trends within the process.
Facilitates the development of analytical methods and sampling procedures as
- Conducts regular
inspection of all Pinnacle production lines to assure compliance to GMPs and company standards.
- Ensure that all manufacturing
specifications are correct, clear and complete.
- Sample and inspect in-process, finished
products, returned and reworked material for quality. Determine
final disposition on products inspected.
- Provides support to monitor and resolve
supplier quality issues.
- Willing to work flexible hours to provide
oversight and coverage on all three shifts.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of food plant quality
assurance and operations management experience.
- Candidate will have excellent team-building, leadership,
communication, organizational, computer and analytical problem solving
- Candidate will have hands-on experience with problem solving tools
and process control statistics. The ideal candidate will have a
strong six-sigma competency or certification.
- A B.S. in food science or related discipline such as chemistry,
biology or microbiology is preferred.
Pinnacle Foods Corporation
Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturing
5+ to 7
Pinnacle Foods Corporation