Microbiology And Food Safety Manager-BRE01237 - Tennessee
The Regional Microbiological & Food Safety Manager provides technical leadership for the Mars Petcare Microbiological testing program and is the key point of contact for communication with our external laboratories. The job holder will have responsibility for interpreting and disseminating sensitive technical information, as well as the management, storage and reporting of this data to the business. The role is responsible for conformance to testing times, protocols and quality of the external laboratories as well as ensuring the product testing and disposition is occurring on time. The role is also responsible for auditing of internal and external microbiology laboratories against Mars Global standards and ensuring that continuous improvement activities occur. The role includes development of current Scientific and new microbiological methodologies and validation studies for Microbiological destruction during heat processing at manufacturing sites. The job holder ensures conformance of the Mars Petcare Factories to various internal, external and statutory regulations with regards to microbiological quality, safety and the environment. The job holder will act as a seamless interface between the Food Safety team and the manufacturing sites, Commercial, and Engineering teams, to ensure the quality and consistency of systems through regular auditing and feedback to all parties.
· Microbiological Testing: provides technical leadership for the Mars Petcare Microbiological testing program. The applicant interfaces as the key contact with external laboratories and reports daily microbiology lab results, and corrective actions in Lab managed databases.
· Data Transfer: Responsible for interpreting sensitive technical information, for reporting the results correctly to ensure product disposition, and for updating the trend charts that will be published each week. Also responsible for reporting microbiology results, and Release/destroy products on hold.
· Hygiene Testing & Standards: Sets standards for microbiological testing within the production facilities for swabs, environmental residues and finished products, and Periodic audits for Contamination. Applicant has experience with food pathogen, Enterobacteriaceae, and air-mold monitoring and testing programs.
· Food Safety/Quality Control: Incumbent applicant ensures that the external laboratories follow the correct methodology and continuous improvement activities are carried out within the factory. Delivers the required number of quality audits with for both internal (KC Lab) and external (contracted) laboratories and factories. Design and execute complex food safety projects as identified by job holder and/or as requested in support of improved food safety.
· Auditing: Auditing of the current processes and procedures within internal and external labs to ensure that Food Safety testing programs are in compliance ( Hygiene (HACCP), Pest control), Hold/release and Exceptions (ensure all exceptions are followed through)
· QM Testing: Monitors results from External Laboratories ring trials ensuring conformance to standards.
· Process Improvements: To develop methods of improving the sampling and testing of microbiological samples to decrease release time, and improve quality control. Carry out required testing to ensure that these methods are implemented.
· Development of Current and New Methodology: Assists Lab Sciences & Food Safety Development Manager to drive and global team to further develop current Scientific and new microbiological methodologies.
· Global: Part of the Global Microbiology development team, contributing to all global standards in this area. Incumbent will provide technical support and input to the Lab Sciences & Food Safety Development Manager to deliver Global Platform projects.
· Minimum 5 years Microbiological experience
· The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
· Demonstrated expertise in the use and troubleshooting of Microbiology QC
· Minimum 5 years experience within the food or related industry
· An understanding of the key scientific principles associated with food microbiology systems.
· Knowledge of statistical methods including sampling plans and confidence intervals
· Experience in the chemical and physical characterization of food systems.
· Knowledge in the use and troubleshooting of a wide variety of complex microbiological instrumentation.
· Experience working in a microbiological laboratory preferably within the food or related industry
· Able to translate complex scientific theories/studies into viable action plans in support of the manufacturing network
· Successful completion of a drug and background screen
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com