Corporate Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor - Collegedale, TN
McKee Foods Corporation
Salaried Job Opening
Corporate Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor, Collegedale, TN
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (or as required by business needs)
• Bachelor of science degree in Food Microbiology or related field of study and 3 years experience in a related position with supervisory responsibilities.
• Knowledge of and experience with microbiological management in food plants to include:
o bio-film prevention
o sanitizer use and function
o niche vs. transient microorganisms
o general food plant microbial ecology
• Technical knowledge of low moisture food manufacturing processes and related microbiological risks.
• Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to apply logic and/ or scientific method to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Able to deliver effective and persuasive communication and presentations on controversial or complex topics to people of all backgrounds and at various levels within the company.
• Capable of effectively utilizing statistics and mathematics to analyze data, create information and
develop insights about microbiological data trends ultimately making improvements to the business in reduction of risks, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to use a computer to analyze and process information in MS Access databases
and other McKee Foods data systems and to effectively utilize MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint and MS PowerPoint.
• Able to organize, set priorities and manage time effectively.
• Personable, respected by peers.
• High level of initiative, work well with minimal supervision.
• Able to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
• Able to handle detailed paperwork and maintain records.
• Willing to receive additional training.
• Willing to travel.
• Experience conducting regular sanitation inspections and audits of products and equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
• Registered Environmental Health Specialist/ Registered Sanitarian.
• Knowledge of or experience with ISO 17025 principles.
• 5+ years of supervisory experience.
• Experience in conducting training.
• Supervise McKee Foods Corporate Microbiology Laboratory operations.
• Maintain lab operations in compliance with the CDC Bio-safety Level 2 approval level.
• Establish and maintain lab quality system consistent with the requirement of ISO 17025.
• Train manufacturing employees on microbiological topics and sanitation principles.
• Manage McKee Foods microbiological monitoring system.
• Conduct heat kill step validation testing of processes.
• Conduct risk assessments for the company relating to microbiological issues.
• Develop and implement company quality policies as they relate microbiological concerns.
• Write, establish and review procedures supporting the company quality policies.
• Conduct plant facility microbiological audits to include equipment inspection and proper use of cleaning chemicals to achieve microbiological standards.
• Review microbiological results, conduct trend analysis and communicate with plant Technical Services and Environmental Services Departments concerning corrective and preventative actions.
If interested and qualified, please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.com under the current job openings to apply.
To be considered as an applicant for this position, all resumes and/or applications must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. ET on November 3, 2010.
**We are an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com