Food Safety Specialist – Louisville, KY
The Food Safety Specialist oversees all of the Food Safety functions for the Long John Silver’s and A&W Restaurants to ensure highly disciplined compliance with all food safety and sanitation standards, systems, practices, policies and procedures that will assure product quality and safety of our products for our restaurants and customers. This position will serve as the Crisis Core Team Leader for the brands; approve the cleaning chemicals and supplies, monitor high risk foods, coordinate product withdrawals/recoveries for food products, chemicals or other items, and represent the food safety function in cross- branded functions and franchise boards. This position will manage the Standards Exception Testing (SET) program for LJS and A&W; over see product quality cuttings and billing; seafood certifications, Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) program and training, and Food Standards Consultation (FSC) and Champs Excellence Review (CER) program content and specialist training. This position will provide technical support and solutions focused towards operations, by providing leadership in quality enhancement, operations, communications and program improvements. Additionally, this position is also responsible for keeping up to date on Food Safety issues, laws and regulatory (local/state/federal) requirements to ensure compliance.
· Respond to food safety crisis, regulatory issues, communicable/food borne/allergy complaints and investigations and direct product recoveries and withdrawals.
- Manage the Crisis Core Teams
- Reduce the risk of illness/communicable disease or other food safety claims
- Restaurant visits/communications
- Regulatory visits/communications
- Oversee SET program
· Health Department Inspection, Pest Control, CER and 3rd Party Food Safety Audit programs and other programs (15%)
- Manage the data collection and reporting systems.
- Provide on-going training to the specialists
- Manage the chemical program (approving products)
· Product Monitoring Food Safety (High risk foods including soft serve) (5%)
- Develop microbial sampling programs and analyze results
· Develop, implement and sustain new methods and procedures to drive food safety improvements within the restaurant (10%)
- Provide technical support and solutions to brand support teams (FIT, Training, HR, Legal, OPS, Eng, UFPC, FRN, MKT)
· Conduct product cuttings, billing and QA procedures
- Order products, evaluate products according to specifications, communicate with vendors, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Minimum BS Degree in related field (engineering, biology, microbiology, industrial hygiene, food science, biochemistry, veterinary science, pre-med or other science base), Masters preferred
- Certified Professional Food Manager or Serve Safe Certified, preferred
- 5 years or more in the food industry with food safety quality assurance experience and/or regulatory experience
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Able to build relationships with external in internal teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Effectively participate on multiple cross-functional teams and capable of leading cross-function meetings
- Able to defend decisions
- Multi-lingual (Spanish), preferred.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com