Senior Food Scientist, Microbiology-WIC02347 – Wichita, KS
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Shared Services has an opportunity available for a Sr. Food Scientist, Microbiology, located in Wichita, KS. This position will work to lead our technology development efforts in the area of pathogen microbiology. This position will coordinate the technology efforts in this platform with the regulatory requirements and operational needs of our businesses. This person will ensure that we are properly aligning our development resources with regulatory and operational needs, and will lead our partnership and external sourcing efforts in this area.
This position will help Cargill to develop leading edge food safety practices and will assist to assure compliance with federal food safety regulations. Additionally, this position will work with suppliers and vendors to identify areas for food safety process improvement and to direct our food safety microbiological research project portfolio. This position will also serve as a microbiology subject matter expert, providing technical support and information to meet business food safety and microbiological quality objectives, as well as to assist in the development, validation and support documentation of company positions.
· 25% - Seek new pathogen intervention technologies and determine operational feasibility
· 25% - Manage pathogen research laboratory in Wichita, KS
· 20% - Conduct applied research on intervention and detection methodologies
· 20% - Lead technical staff in Pathogen Laboratory
· 10% - Develop external research partnerships (technology providers, universities) and lead efforts to obtain extramural funding of efforts
· Master’s Degree in microbiology or related field (food/meat science, nutrition, health)
· Experience in applied pathogen/microbiology research and technology development
· Experimental design and statistical analyses
· Laboratory techniques and rapid methods experience
· Experience with pathogen identification in a production environment
· Validation study design, execution and publication expertise
· Effective written and verbal communications
· Project management
· Ability to travel 30-40%
· Ability to work in production facilities as well as BSL-2 pathogen facilities
· Ph.D. in microbiology or related field
· 2-5 years experience in Microbiology or a related field
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com