Food Safety Specialist – Calabasas, CA
Position Overview: The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is seeking Food Safety Specialist with experience working with local, state and federal health departments and restaurant management staff. This is a newly created position due to growth of our in-house quality assurance and food safety department. The QA/Food Safety Specialist will assist in developing, implementing and managing the Department of Health Inspection Program and assist in monitoring the 3rd party food safety and sanitation audit program for the restaurants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reports to the Sr. Mgr. of Quality Assurance & Food Safety and will coordinate projects as needed and support others within the group (Supplier Quality Program, etc).
· Develop, lead, monitor and maintain the database for the Department of Health Data Inspection and Corrective Action Program for restaurants in designated areas.
· Monitor and lead the 3rd Party Food Safety Audit Program., partnering with the 3rd party auditing groups to enhance the Cheesecake Factory Auditing programs and elevate the restaurants' compliance with the Food Code and Good Retail Practices (GRPs) for restaurants in designated areas.
· Assist in developing and maintaining the data base for vendors/suppliers, processor's, packers or produce growers to track and identity any trend that will affect CCF QA and Food Safety Programs.
· Develop and lead tracking and communication on key operation of food safety indicators. Work closely with ADOs, AKOMs, CKOMS, AKOMS on food safety , sanitation, pest control, health inspections and daily restaurant related food safety issues for restaurants in designated areas.
· Act as a technical support to Restaurant Total Quality systems, including the Incident Management Program.
· Collect and analyze supplier, guest and operator feedback to drive continuous improvement in food safety.
· 2-5 years experience in Regulatory, QA/Food Safety within the restaurant industry (5+ years experience preferred)
· B.S. (Master's preferred) in Biology, Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Nutrition or related field
· Must be persuasive, diplomatic and possess good problem-solving skills in order to:
o Understand the need of organization and focused on problem solving and delivery goals.
o Build relationships with cross functional work groups.
o Look for opportunities to develop and improve food safety in the restaurant.
· Strong regulatory knowledge and project management skills
· Flexible, team player with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of management (corporate and field)
· Project management experience desired, including demonstrated abilities to:
o Manage execution of project within timeline and budget and able to manage multiple priories and priorities of others.
o Use data to support point of view and persuade others.
o Manage multiple and complex projects.
· REHS, current registration
· Proficient in US Model Food Code
· Proficient in GMPs (CFR Title 21, Part 110 desired.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project, etc.)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org