Manager, Global Food Safety Programs – Camden, NJ
CSC Standards, Inc.
Business Unit / Location:
World Hdq (Csc
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the
key to its success in the marketplace. A company
in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
At Campbell, we cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced,
team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the
opportunity to make a difference.
This position will lead the deployment, assessment and continuous
improvement of Campbell HACCP Program worldwide. This position will work
closely with the Standards Team to align Campbell's global food safety and
quality requirements into strong HACCP pre-requisite programs across all
Campbell Business Units.
This position will also lead the development of food safety and quality
training programs. This position will work closely with the Business Units
Quality Leads to conduct gap assessments in current training programs,
identify best practices and develop a best-in-class food safety and quality
curriculum integrated to all aspects of manufacturing and co-manufacturing.
This position will also have the responsibility to be abreast of new food
safety regulatory requirements worldwide and in particular, FDA regulatory
activity following the FSMA implementation, and USDA/FSIS new directives.
This position will also contribute to the development of internal audit
programs to assure compliance and continuous improvement, and will provide
technical expertise for advancing food safety worldwide.
• Lead the deployment, continuous improvement and assessment of HACCP
programs worldwide. Conduct HACCP training and lead HACCP assessment
sessions annually with all plants and Business Units.
• Conduct a thorough assessment of current food safety training programs
and lead the development and implementation of a standardized
'best-in-class' food safety curriculum across all plants and
• Stay abreast of and communicate significant government regulations
critical to the proper execution of safe products. Develop a strong liaison
with FDA and USDA officials and work with trade associations to influence
the regulatory process via participating in conference calls and by writing
comments to proposed rules. Evaluate the impact of new proposed regulations
and develop internal actions plans required to comply with those
• Lead Campbell's Peer-to-Peer audit program, conduct auditor training,
develop a global scorecard and recommend corrective action plans to the
Quality Standards Team for continuous improvement on food safety programs.
• This position has responsibilities for assessing current food safety
practices, developing corrective actions plans and communicating to the
Business Units Quality Leads for implementation to strengthen food safety
• This position will be required to interact with a diverse group of people
and to influence the organization to adopt new global quality and food
safety requirements into HACCP prerequisite programs.
• This position will be required to identify gaps in current food safety
programs and develop action plans to implement a best-in-class food safety
training program with global alignment.
• This position will work closely with Legal and Government Relations to
develop plans for influencing the regulatory process in the US and to
develop plans for complying with new regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry,
Engineer or related technical field. Masters
• Minimum 6 - 10 years in the food and/or beverage industry or technical
association, in food safety and quality management systems.
• Expertise in HACCP and food safety programs. Fundamental knowledge in
microbiology, thermal processing, GMP's and sanitation and quality
• Experience in developing and conducting training.
• Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in
auditing and training a diverse work group.
• Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of systems and applications knowledge (such
as SAP, Microsoft Sharepoint, MS Office, etc.).
• Ability to work cross-functionally with diverse groups including Plant
Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Process Research & Development,
Quality Assurance and Legal and external technical organizations and
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity
Company Sponsored Relocation: