Food Safety Auditor (Agriculture) - Emeryville, CA
Scientific Certification Systems
Skill Level: Mid Level
Position Type: Full Time
Opportunity for a motivated, organized, and professional individual with auditing experience, superior customer service, an interest in the agriculture industry, agrochemical science and environmental issues to work in the Food and Agriculture Department of Scientific Certification Systems.
Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) is a reputable third-party certification and assessment body headquartered in Emeryville, California, USA. SCS is committed to providing third-party environmental, sustainability and food quality certification, auditing, testing and standards development.
SCS' programs and services recognize the outstanding achievements of companies, institutions and organizations which are meeting the highest levels of performance in environmental protection, social responsibility, product safety and quality and stimulate continuous improvement on the path toward sustainability. In this undertaking, we employ a life-cycle framework, state-of-the-art science, proven analytical methods and performance metrics and professional expertise. To find out more about SCS, please visit us on our website.
· Maintain standards and documentation associated with the food safety certification programs
· Perform audits such as SQF, GlobalGAP, GAP, GMP in a variety of food safety sectors, generally in a food agricultural environment
· Maintain an audit schedule to ensure that audits are complete in a timely manner
· Complete Audit Reports
· Respond to client questions and concerns in a timely manner
· Minimum B.S. degree in agricultural science, or equivalent work experience.
· Previous auditing experience or experience working in a farming/agricultural environment is strongly preferred.
· Complete fluency in English and experience that involves professional written communication, bi-lingual perferred.
· Superlative organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize numerous tasks effectively.
· An abiding interest in sustainability, green building, materials use, indoor air quality, and related environmental issues.
· Initiative, good judgment, and ability to work independently under pressure in a changing environment.
· Must be willing and able to take regular assignments involving extensive travel up to 75%.
Compensation: Compensation is based on qualifications and prior experience. SCS offers a competitive benefits package including vacation, health, dental, profit sharing, performance bonuses, and 401(k).
Please submit a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, a description of how your skills and experience fit the needs and mission of our company in our on-line form.
SCS is an equal opportunity employer and as such, considers individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We value diversity and are a company that values employees of many backgrounds. Accordingly, SCS does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions) national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law. Further, SCS prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com