(Parsippany, NJ) (5401)
of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach
for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and
distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been
trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our
business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a
leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold
the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in
which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership
brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic®
shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups
and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned
meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili
ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open
Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership
brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®,
C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!®
complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and
Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man®
dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty
Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style
Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's®
in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle
Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000
SCOPE OF POSITION:
A Food Technician provides project support to Product Development team
members for all aspects of the Research and Development process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
• Assembly of food product and package components for use in evaluating
their properties through various methods including: project team
evaluation, sensory panels, shelf- life testing and market research
studies. Maintain appropriate documentation
• Preparation of facilities/equipment to support activity outlined above.
• Coordinates assembly, sanitation, storage of equipment and clean up of facilities
• Maintain and track inventories of lab supplies. Contact suppliers,
customer service and/or plants when necessary.
• Assist with product testing and product presentations, including
periodic overnight travel
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of food science, food processing methods
and techniques and current food industry trends
• Capable of working both in a team environment as well as working
• Ability to build on other ideas.
• Ability to execute projects with direction.
• Flexible and adaptable to changes in plans
• Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, specification database and other
software specific to function.
• Ability to calculate formula percents and
convert units of measure
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Awareness of basic food preparation and cooking methods.
• General computer based knowledge including MS Office.
• One to two years of experience in a food or technical discipline such
as nutrition, laboratory science, chemistry
• Experience in usage of typical laboratory and pilot plant equipment
• Experience executing projects with direction preferred
• A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a similar discipline is required
Pinnacle Foods Group is
an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer