Food Scientist - Dinuba, CA-HV062996
· Coordinate and provide direction, focus and support to product development activities from initiation to completion. This will require the ability to conduct concept development, product development, stability assessment, launch preparation and commercial production for juices, soy, protein based beverages and nutrition food bars.
· Act as scientific, regulatory, technical or quality expert and consultant by responding to targeted questions from the field or other departments/business nits and providing support to beverage and bar co-packers and customers. This includes acting as a resource for general technical information and acting as a consultant for other technical personnel in the Company.
· Design, develop, and conduct and/or review experiments in order to deliver new products in a timely and cost effective manner; evaluate beverage and bar ingredient, product or packaging safety, efficacy or claims; and play a leadership role in the initiation of product development projects with brand and new product marketing.
· Provide creative insights and analyses to help design and build new product concepts and product deliverables.
· Utilize knowledge and expertise to provide direction to new technologies and potential proprietary capabilities for the company in the area of juice, protein beverages, nutrition food bars, and health and wellness concepts.
· Develop and execute best lab procedures and practices.
· Develop juice blend recipes for production.
· Coordinate new ingredient, crop year, and supplier approvals.
· Participate and help lead operations and quality improvement teams.
· Building Accountability: Designing and implementing standards of accountability for others in the organization that can be used to focus, guide, and set high standards of performance for others in order to achieve business results.
· Building value-Based Relationships: Generating alliances internally and externally by continuously identifying and acting on those things that will create success for the Company and its customers, bottlers, suppliers, communities, and governments.
· Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and/or others to ensure that work is completed efficiently in light of the strategies and destination of the department and/or organization.
· Adaptability/Flexibility: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, or requirements.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or Technology or related field, Master's Degree preferred
Related Work Experience: At least 3 years
Technical Knowledge: Complete knowledge of and full application of complex routine procedures and basic principles, theories and concepts in food science.
Cereal/baking or low acid beverage experience is a plus.
· Project and process management skills
· Presentation, verbal and written skills.
· Judgment and decision making skills.
· Strategic thinking, creativity and proactivity.
· Building technical relationships
· Leadership skills.
· Creative culinary skills.
Food Sciences, Nutrition or Regulatory Affairs
Product Supply System 70013408
Melissa L Al-Zubaidy
PSS - Odwalla
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org