Director, Food Product Development - Mountain Lakes, NJ
Millions of times a day in
over 80% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods
brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of
high-quality branded food products, many of which have been trusted household
names for decades. Headquartered in Mountain Lakes, NJ, our $2.6B
business employs more than 4,500 people in 19 sites around North America. We
are a leader in the dry and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1
or #2 market position in 9 out of 12 major category segments in which they
compete. Our brands include Duncan Hines, Aunt Jemima, Lenders
Bagels and Vlasic just to name a few.
· Direct the technical programs and resource requirements for major business segments.
· Make technical and business recommendations to senior management to use as a basis for tactical and strategic business decisions. This position involves management of both technical programs and personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
· Primary responsibility for the total product development programs for a segment of the business.
· Primary responsibility for planning and implementation of product development programs to support identified business plan requirements.
· Participate as an equal partner with Directors of other functional departments in identifying and evaluating business opportunities.
· Ensure design and implementation of technically sound programs to meet business and strategic plan requirements.
· Hands on development activities as required to meet project objectives. This will involve at times performing the tasks normally conducted by food technologists and project leaders.
· Communicate effectively across diverse levels within and outside the organization.
· Identify and document resource needs both internal and external to support agreed upon development programs. Effectively use all available resources.
· Function as the key technical resource to the organization for a key business segment. Effectively influence the organization in consideration to technical requirements and expertise.
· Primary responsibility for employee recruitment, training, performance evaluation and feedback and career development.
· Identify and evaluate new areas of business and technical opportunities.
· Lead multi functional teams.
· Provide fact based input for administrative activities such as preparation and management of budgets, salary plans and resource plans.
· Translating consumer needs and business objectives into actual products and processes that satisfy consumer needs and meet established business criteria.
· Effectively combine sound technical knowledge and competence with managerial skills to successfully meet agreed upon business objectives with efficient use of available resources.
· Participate in business decisions and impact company profitability through multi functional input on critical development and business programs.
· BS/MS Food Science or equivalent
· Minimum 10 to 12 years food product development experience from bench top to production start up is required.
· Project/Program management: Minimum of 3 years of managing multiple projects across multiple technical programs.
· People Management: Minimum 3 years of managing multiple personnel across multiple programs.
· Business Management: Formal business education is a plus, minimum of 1 year of planning and managing budgets, salary plans and direct interaction with members of the non technical segment of the company.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All openings will be filled based on the qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sponsor, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or as a veteran of the Vietnam Era. All applicants are invited to complete the Affirmative Action Supplement.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com