Food Technologist - Illinois
Position Summary: Work with the new product development team to develop new, innovative pizza, sandwich and dough enrobed products. Partner with quality assurance, sales, engineering, operations and purchasing to establish ingredients, technical information, formulations and operations/manufacturing requirements to produce new products from development through commercialization.
· Assist in development of bench-top product prototypes based on criteria provided by executive chef and the new product development team.
· Coordinate customer product presentations and internal cuttings.
· Follow-through on various sample refinements based on sales, marketing and customer feedback.
· Manage resources to improve the quality and speed of new product development.
· Assist with coordination of sourcing raw materials for bench-top samples and initial plant runs.
· Oversee initial production runs of new products and testing runs.
· Participate in project roll-out meetings.
· Research ingredient cost, manufacturing cost and quality issues to ensure prototype products have a high probability of meeting criteria upon scale-up.
· Work with R&D, executive chef, QA, production and purchasing to ensure all information is received, understood and within the parameters of company and regulatory specifications.
· Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Food Technology or related area.
· 6-8 years in food product development.
· Prior experience with pizza-related product formulation highly preferred.
· Knowledge of current food industry trends including food and packaging processing methods and techniques.
· Proficiency in the use of MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software specific to function.
· Ability to effectively use typical lab and kitchen equipment.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com