Product Development Scientist
- Research and Development
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.
The Product Development Scientist II is responsible for leading all aspects of new product development. This includes product formulation and scale up, managing shelf life studies, test methods development, communication with key suppliers and consultants, new ingredients investigation, and specifications development. This position works with the category business team (Marketing, Operations, Quality, and Engineering) to lead and influence new product development activities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the formulation and shelf life testing of new product prototypes, data recording and analysis, reporting of results and recommending next steps.
· Actively participating in the design and execution of manufacturing trials at GMCR facilities.
· Generate and maintain product specifications.
· Acts as a resource for others working in R&D.
· Communicates with other departments supporting new product development and serves as technical lead in category business team meetings.
· Builds effective relationships with internal (GMCR) and external resources
· Tracks work activities and recommends next steps to Product Development Management team.
· Works in close collaboration with all R&D functions in the development and refinement of product performance.
· Foster two-way communication and give clear instructions to others working in the Product Development Lab.
· Takes a pro-active role in the maintenance and improvement of products based on sensory and/or consumer feedback
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Interacts well with others, be a self-starter, and work independently on assigned tasks and projects.
· Applies problem solving tools and techniques in daily activities.
· Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality required in an R&D environment.
· Performs other duties as requested by management.
· New Grad PhD or MS w/ 3+ years’ experience or BS w/5+ years’ experience
· B.S. in Food Science from an Institute of Food Technologists approved program preferred; Nutrition or other relevant discipline
· Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience preferred
· Possess high energy and a strong desire to learn and achieve
· Experience working within MS Office Suite
· Proficient in English language both verbal and written
· Willingness and ability to travel 15-30% annually; domestic and internationally
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Depending on the position for which you are applying, offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of one or all of the following: a background investigation, reference check, credit report and a basic pre-employment medical examination to determine whether you are able to perform the essential functions of your position, with or without reasonable accommodation. You may also be required to take a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and your offer of employment is contingent upon the successful passage of that test. Details regarding the drug and alcohol test shall be provided to you under separate cover and you will be required to provide a signed acknowledgement of receipt of GMCR’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy. In addition, as a condition of employment, the company is required, under current federal regulations to certify the legal status of all employees. All employment at GMCR is contingent upon the employee presenting and maintaining authorization to work in the United States. Therefore, on your first day of employment, it will be important that you provide documentation proving both your identity and authorization to work in the United States. GMCR is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com