Food Safety/QA Manager – AgReserves, Inc. – Wasco, CA
Position: Food Safety/QA Manager
Location: California Segment
(This position to be based out of South Valley Farms in Wasco, CA)
Position Overview: AgReserves, Inc. is a multi-national, multi-corporate company that operates investment farms and ranches throughout the world. The California Operations Segment, one of the company’s business units, consists of three farming operations: Almonds and Pistachios in Wasco, CA; Walnuts and prunes in Chico, CA; and Alfalfa in Blythe, CA. Reporting to the AVP Operations, the Food Safety/QA Manager will oversee segment-wide food safety and quality assurance activities, principally as it relates to our almond and walnut processing facilities.
· Segment Food Safety Crisis Management Plan
· Maintain HACCP plans
· Overall plant sanitation
· Environmental Sampling Programs (swabbing)
· Government and regulatory compliance
· Inspection preparedness
· In-house laboratories
· Customer claims
· Plant security and food defense plan
· Maintain Standard Operating Procedures
· Ensure quality of all out-going shipments
· Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in biology, chemistry, food science, public health or a related field.
· Three to five (3-5) years of progressively responsible food safety, sanitation and quality assurance experience is preferred. Broad knowledge of current food safety laws and regulations regarding food processing facilities.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communications skill set.
· Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
· Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
· Solid decision making skills.
· Bilingual Spanish-English helpful but not required.
Salary/Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time employees receive excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Group Term Life, Disability, Retirement Benefits (401k and Master Retirement Plan), Flex-Spending, and other miscellaneous value-added benefits.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary history/expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with Food Safety/QA Manager in the subject line.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com