R & D Culinary Intern (Winter) – Aurora, IL
Overview of Responsibilities:
The R&D Culinary Intern will work directly with our Corporate Executive Chef and will assist the research and development/ culinary team in day to day activities. Duties include:
· Assist in food product formulation, from bench top to food product production run
· Assist in customer presentations
· Assist in the day to day laboratories and plant needs (stocking, ordering materials, assist in setting up and cleaning up after customer presentations and plant trials)
Intern can expect training and experiences that will provide the following:
· Gain real world understanding of food product safety
· Develop/ refine professional culinary skills and apply them when designing products for customers
· Develop skill base for food formulation
· Understanding of how to develop products with current processing equipment
· Understanding of how to develop concepts that can be transformed into a manufactured product (concept to carton)
· Develop cost improvement skills
· We are seeking students who have completed at least one year in the Culinary Arts program.
· Prefer applicants with BS in Food Science, or related area of study.
Internship Period: January-March 2010
Pay Rate: $14.00/hr – 40 hrs/week
Location: 1225 Corporate Blvd., Aurora, IL 60505
OSI Corporate (CORP)
Aurora, IL, US.
$14.00/hr-$14.00/hr US Dollar (USD)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com