Food Technologist – Los Angeles,
R&D Food Technologist
Job Title: Food
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
experimental formulas, processing procedures and specifications for new
• Prepares prototype products using research lab, manufacturing
facilities and equipment as required.
• Evaluates ingredients and processing techniques to identify product
improvement and cost optimization opportunities.
• Conducts product cuttings and shelf life studies including product and
package performance evaluations.
• Establishes contact with ingredient suppliers and equipment vendors as
needed by project activity.
• Maintains accurate, up-to-date records, laboratory notebooks and
computer database that are repeatable and reproducible.
• Supports innovation in the development of new ideas, new products or
new product platforms through ideation sessions and bench top
• Ensures the work environment is sanitary, safe, and orderly.
• Create and maintain raw ingredient and finished product
• Create, maintain and issue technical documents, product specifications
and kosher certificates.
• Maintain internal and external technical web-based database and
complete customer product forms.
• Issue import and export documents such as Certificates of Origin, Free
Sale, Quality, NAFTA, CAFTA.
• Assist R&D, Technical Services, QA and Operations on special
1. B.S. in Food Science
or related field required and 2-5 years of R&D / Technical Services / QA
2. Strong working knowledge of food ingredients, packaging and
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
4. PC / internet skills (Excel, Word, database) and Genesis; and the
ability to create spreadsheets, computer analysis, report writing.
5. Must enjoy working in a fast paced and team oriented environment.
Betina Dawson, Senior Recruiter 818-774-0175
Food & Beverage
or Apply Online
Are you looking for a
company with science in its DNA?
Lab Support, a division of
On Assignment, is a recognized leader in the scientific staffing industry.
Since 1985, our sole focus has been to place scientific professionals at all
career levels in contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire positions. With a
reputation for one-to-one career counseling and a track record that includes
the placement of over 200,000 scientists, Lab Support has built a reputation
as one of the best in the business.
Lab Support is supported by
a nationwide network of branches serving all major markets, international
branches in Europe, relationships with leading scientific companies and over
20 years of experience.
For more information visit
us online at labsupport.com.
An Equal Opportunity