an exciting opportunity for a Food Safety Manager - Quality in our Battle Creek, MI
location. This position is responsible for:
1. Manage HACCP certification program through plant program reviews and
training. Work with external audit firm to assure successful and efficient
HACCP audit process.
2. Manage allergen clean up validation program with plants and/or
3. Develop, review and update KUSA Quality Policies and procedures related
to food safety prerequisite programs.
4. Provide information, risk assessment and recommendations for food safety
incidents and issues using judgment and discretion in handling sensitive
5. Manage environmental pathogen monitoring programs with plant
Quality/Food Safety Managers, providing monitoring of trends, results
analyses, follow up action recommendations and communication with
6. Supports plants in sanitary design review of equipment and installations
and provides direction for sanitation performance standards.
7. Maintain surveillance of external sources for issues relating to food
safety and regulatory compliance. Assess risks and communicate recommendations
8. Evaluate feasibility to supply chain initiatives and make
recommendations to business regarding food safety implications.
With 2007 sales of nearly $12 billion, Kellogg Company is the world's
leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods,
including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen waffles,
and meat alternatives. Kellogg products are manufactured in 18 countries
and marketed in more than 180 countries around the world. For more information,
visit the company’s website at www.kelloggcompany.com.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an
inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse
talent of its people.
Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V
- Ph.D. in Microbiology / Food Technology / Food Toxicology / Chemistry or
related area and at least three to five years industrial experience, or
M.S. and six years, or B.S. and 8 years, or 15 years equivalent experience.
HACCP development and implementation experience is required.
Food Safety prerequisite programs, development and implementation, such as
allergen management and sanitation is required.
Preferred candidate will have a knowledge of food
This position requires up to 40% travel.