· Complete unannounced inspections of stores, franchise locations (Chinese Kitchens, sushi, coffee bars, etc.), distribution facilities (PDC, C & S, etc.) and key supplier partners (high risk suppliers ground beef, etc.) to ensure conditions are in accordance with FDA, USDA, state, local regulations and to company procedures/policies.
· Advise store, facility and department managers and key hourly associates of violations found during inspections and direct management regarding suitable solutions. Maintain contact with key operators and/or revisit impacted areas/departments to evaluate and ensure sustained compliance.
· Available resource as technical expert for all areas pertaining to food safety and sanitation.
· Ensure proper execution of safe food handling practices by providing in-depth multimedia, training to new management team members and store associates in safe food handling techniques, product handling & rotation and proper sanitation procedures. On going training for store management teams is provided when changes in regulations or internal SOP’s or conditions warrant. Training is routinely requested at the district level to address current regulatory activity and solutions to anticipated or current food safety and sanitation issues. Store Management includes: RVP’s, DOM’s, SM, ASM, NPO, COM, all perishable department managers.
· Respond to all emergencies that may threaten the safety of our customers or the public’s perception of Giant Food Stores, LLC. Food Safety Specialist (FSS) actively involved with district/store management to determine prevention methods and corrective actions pertaining to quality/food safety and consumer images – FSS takes lead role in these situations. Examples include, store fires, power outages, boil water issues, natural disasters, store floods, claimed food borne illnesses investigations, pest/rodent issues and consumer complaints.
· Follow-up on internal and regulatory adverse inspection results. Supervise and monitor activities necessary to correct violations and sustain compliance going forward.
· Direct oversight of pest control activities and services rendered at store level. Evaluate pest control effectiveness and direct remediation efforts at store level in their assigned stores. Function as catalyst to ensure maximum coordination between operators, maintenance and the pest control operator. Reports findings to all management levels. Directly involved with budgeting annual pest control costs and achieving budgeted costs.
· Conduct construction type inspections (new stores and remodel stores) of stores without and with regulatory officials to evaluate/mitigate health department demands thereby avoiding burdensome obstacles that may delay store openings.
· Respond to local or regional food borne illness outbreaks that may affect the communities that we service. Direct store management and instruct associates on public health implications and proper procedures.
· Perform regular food safety/sanitation inspections of distribution facilities (PDC, C&S grocery/frozen facilities, etc.). Communicate findings with external and internal management. Follow-up as required ensuring compliance.
· College degree- Bachelors of Food Science or related area, Registered Sanitarian preferred.
· 2 – 5 years with food safety/quality assurance background.
· 1 –2 years of store operations experience and accounting experience preferred
Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job:
· Registered Sanitarian or equivalent
· Role model for Customer Service/HR skills/strong supervisory skills
· Demonstrates superior knowledge and skills in the areas of training, communications, human relations, team building, planning and organizing
· Exhibits a high energy level, positive attitude.
· Displays the values and persona that earns the respect and trust of peers, subordinates and superiors.
· Team oriented – Positive.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Capable of giving formal individual and group presentations
· Good computer skills – MS Office/Windows, based PC skills, internet, intranet, e-mail
· Able to work independently – self-motivated, Well organized and manages time wisely, Performance driven & results oriented, Professional demeanor, Assertive when necessary
· Driver’s license (good driving record). Flexible work hours. Prepared to be available 24 hours daily – 365 days/year
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com