Food Safety Specialist – Tar Heel, NC
Division : Smithfield Packing
Location : Tar Heel NC US 28392
Category : Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Job Type : Full Time
Job Description :
The Food Safety Specialist assists the FS Manager as the onsite food safety and regulatory authority at the Tar Heel facility. The position has the primary responsibility of driving the food safety systems of the plant by developing, modifying, and maintaining the plant's HACCP, SSOP, and regulatory programs to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements for the production of safe and wholesome food.
Job Requirements :
· Develop, implement and validate science based HACCP plans for each process within the facility.
· Develop, implement and validate science based Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) for all areas and processes within the facility.
· Manage the Regulatory function to ensure compliance with all FSIS Regulations, Directives, and Policies.
· Maintain daily records of HACCP, SSOP and Regulatory paper work, reviewing to assure the production of safe and wholesome food products
· Develop and implement training programs to instruct employees to monitor and document HACCP, SSOP, and other required functions.
· Participates in management meetings and communicate with management personnel regarding plant Food Safety issues, also assists or fill in for Department Manager with other task such as; Responding to FSIS Non-Compliance Reports, conducting Food Safety meetings, complete weekly and monthly reports viewed by Corporate VPs and higher, effectively perform a mock recall, revise HACCP, SSOP and regulatory paperwork and plans as needed, validate HACCP and SSOP Programs, perform pre-operational inspection (as necessary).
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com