Food Scientist – Northern NJ
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Independently plans and
conducts multiple assigned project assignments relating to food product
development in the Department of Research and Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
1. Food product development
from concept stage through commercialization for a wide range of product
systems. Responsibilities include sensory and shelf life studies.
2. Apply knowledge of plant equipment, plant processes and facilities.
3. Independently design and execute experiments using recognized procedures.
4. Interpret test results and independently identify and execute next steps.
5. Apply knowledge of project management process and independently lead
6. Determine technical risks and recommend contingency plans.
7. Anticipate changing project needs and priorities.
8. R&D representative for assigned projects; responsible for interfacing
with cross functional team members to accomplish project objectives on time
including Quality, Packaging Development, Marketing, Market Research ,
Operations and Finance.
9. Handle multiple assignments simultaneously, including Innovation,
Productivity and Quality initiatives.
10. Generate and maintain accurate and complete records including official
lab notebook and utilization of on-line specification system.
11. Conduct and structure project presentations to department and brand
12. Responsible for technician assignments as it relates to project work.
13. Stay abreast of technical trends and their potential applications related
to company needs
14. Utilize internal and external information to problem solve.
15. Perform other R&D duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in food product
formulation and commercialization of new products and processes.
- Ability to perform
responsibilities as outlined above.
- Excellent interpersonal and
• BS/MS Food Science or
• Minimum 4 years food
product development experience from bench top to production start up is required.
• Project Experience:
Demonstrated success on multiple development projects in the food industry
Demonstrated success leading projects independently
Rochelle Park Lab Support 201-221-7030
Food & Beverage
or Apply Online
Are you looking for a
company with science in its DNA?
Lab Support, a division of
On Assignment, is a recognized leader in the scientific staffing industry.
Since 1985, our sole focus has been to place scientific professionals at all
career levels in contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire positions. With a
reputation for one-to-one career counseling and a track record that includes
the placement of over 200,000 scientists, Lab Support has built a reputation
as one of the best in the business.
Lab Support is supported by
a nationwide network of branches serving all major markets, international
branches in Europe, relationships with leading scientific companies and over
25 years of experience.
For more information visit
us online at labsupport.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer,