Quality Assurance Supervisor – UniSea, Inc. - Dutch Harbor, AK
UniSea, Inc. is one of the largest seafood producers in the world. UniSea, Inc. is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor in our Dutch Harbor, AK facility.
Responsible for the organization, implementation, and supervision of all Q.A. functions related to the manufacturing of all products at the UniSea Facilities in Dutch Harbor in accordance with established company standards. Responsible for review and analysis of department records, or related monitoring records, in order to provide Plant Management and the Corporate Q.A. Manager with information regarding: 1) product conformance to company, state and federal standards, and 2) existing manufacturing and/or product monitoring practices; with recommendations for refinements that may enhance operational efficiency, product quality, etc. Actively embrace and participate in the Every Day Focus culture and management style.
· Supervise daily Q.A. activities; review Q.A. records and applicable production records for product conformance to established specifications.
· Supervise the sampling and inspection of raw products, finished products and ingredients. Review special lots not conforming to established specifications and provide recommendations as to their disposition. Coordinate with other facility managers/supervisors identified measures to prevent product nonconformance reoccurrence.
· Continually review production procedures, Q.A. procedures, product specifications, testing methodology of all purchased and manufactured food or food-related products. Recommend improvements as necessary and provide basic data for their development and/or revision. Ensure the UniSea Q.A. manual is maintained and updated, as necessary.
· Assist the Corporate QA/QC in the preparation and planning of the Q.A. Department annual operating budget for the Dutch Harbor operations.
· Ensure plant management, Q.A. technicians and processing employees are provided adequate training and/or technical support.
· Effectively administer the UniSea Q.A. Dept., including management of all QA data and forms to the Corporate QA/QC Manager and to all levels of Plant Management, as stipulated by each.
· 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Food Science and Technology or the equivalent required.
· 2 to 4 years experience in Quality Assurance or related experience. At least 1 year supervisory experience required.
Benefits include: Housing, transportation, 401k, medical, dental and vision, pension, vacation, holiday and sick pay.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org