PD Project Manager/Sr. Food Technologist – Glendale, CA
Technical Services & Manufacturing
Relocation: Availability of relocation assistance for this position is
yet to be determined.
This Sr. Food Technologist position provides technical product development
knowledge and services to support the development of new or improved products
and processes, with special emphasis on Hand-Held Frozen Food Technology at
Nestle. This technologist will work with minimal supervision to develop new
and improved products designed to meet consumer needs, including bench top to
Pilot plant and plant scale-up.
Responsible for performing FoodServices projects
from concept development through commercialization. Primary responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
* Develop new products and line extensions.
* Lead and manage interdepartmental and intra-departmental project teams of
moderate complexity, scope and size.
* Work closely with manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, marketing and
quality assurance in a team environment to develop and launch new and
* Develop creative solutions for a wide range of complex problems which
require a significant amount of ingenuity and creativity.
* Coordinate and execute pilot plant tests, production testwork
and initial product start-up activities.
* Prioritize, design, and evaluate testwork for
quality, feasibility, and cost effectiveness.
* Conduct benchtop work as needed to evaluate
recipes and processes or when required to meet timelines.
* Manage product development benchtop activity to
quickly meet customer requests.
* Provide maintenance support for existing products by reviewing recipe
changes, issuing costings, managing start-ups and
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* Requires a B.S. in Food Science/Technology or related science.
* Requires the ability for extended travel the first year on the job.
* Requires the ability for on-going travel at approximately 15%.
* 4 to 5 years food industry related experience highly desirable. * Frozen
product experience and factory environment experience helpful.
1. Ability to lead and motivate a project team.
2. Demonstrate the ability to resolve interpersonal conflict.
3. Strong problem resolution skills, strong facilitator of conflict
4. Possess strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with
all levels of management.
5. Strong formulation skills and understanding of food systems
6. Excellent organizational skills.
7. Highly motivated and goal oriented with ability to adapt quickly to
8. Approximately five years of product development experience.
9. Must be a strong team player and possess strong interpersonal skills.
10. Requires a high degree of integrity, maturity and honesty.
11. Strong knowledge of ingredient functionality.
12. Strong knowledge of food processing.
13. Understanding of sensory testing and statistics.
14. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments.
15. Strong understanding of the relationship of processing equipment and
16. Strong understanding and development of product financial costing analysis.