Quality Assurance Supervisor
(179) Flowery Branch, Georgia
Assurance (QA) Supervisor is to serve as QA technical resource and shift
leader to all hourly QA/C personnel. This position reports directly to the
plant QA Manager. The critical technical functions of the position are to
assist the QA Manager to develop, implement, maintain, provide training on
and ensure effectiveness of plant food safety and QA/C functions.
• Provide QA
oversight and technical supports to the plant in the areas food safety and
• Supervise, coach, train and develop hourly QA/C personnel.
• Lead or participate in the plant continuous improvement efforts especially
those related to food safety and quality.
• Assist QA Manager to develop, implement, maintain and provide training on
plant food safety and QA/C programs.
• Assist QA Manager to investigate external and internal complaints.
• Assist QA Manager to assess and develop work schedules of hourly QA/C
• Conduct formal audits to ensure effectiveness of plant food safety and QA/C
• Address non-compliance concerns by developing and implementing corrective
• Assure QA/C tools are properly calibrated to provide accurate results.
• Assure Hold/Disposition functions are conducted in accordance with the
• Assure food safety and QA/C records are complete and properly maintained.
• Perform other related departmental duties as assigned by QA Manager.
and Technical Skills
• BS Degree in Food Science / Technology or other related degrees.
• 2 – 6 years of food / beverage manufacturing (FDA or USDA) QA/C experience;
bakery experience is highly preferred.
• 1 – 3 years of QA/C Supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership
• Willing and able to work flexible schedule.
• Formal training on / strong working knowledge of Continuous Improvement,
GMP, HACCP and other food safety / quality programs.
• Hands-on GMP / Food Safety / Quality System audit experience.
• Working knowledge of current SQF (Level 2 or 3) / BRC certification, Silliker, AIB and other major food safety / quality audit
• Familiar with current food regulatory requirements and standards.
• Demonstrated ability to address non-conformances by developing and
implementing effective corrective actions.
• Strong working knowledge of common food QA/C laboratory methods.
• Able to effectively communicate verbally as well as in writing;
demonstrated ability to write effective QA/C procedures and technical
reports; bilingual in English / Spanish is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team based and fast paced
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced computer skills: MS Excel / Words /
• Able to travel (5 – 10%) as required.
• 1 – 3 years of food / beverage QA/C Supervisory experience is highly
• Effective and proven project management skills.
• Critical, analytical thinker with a proven ability to develop and implement
corrective actions to food safety and quality concerns.
• Hands-on analytical approach and style that encourages change and creative
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively
interact both inside and outside the organization.
• Able to lead and follow.
• Committed to continuous improvement in a dynamic industry.
• Flexible and willing to handle an ever changing work environment.
• Strong organizational skills; results oriented; tenacious; creative.
Position Description indicates the critical features of the role as they are
presently envisioned. They are subject to change at any time due to business
conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other
duties as required
To apply, please click