Company is seeking a Quality and Food Safety Manager in our Rome, GA
Bakery. This role is responsible for the Food Safety, Quality Assurance and
Sanitation functions within the plant. This role drives continuous
adherence and improvement of the facilities HACCP program. This includes
the Food Safety Plan (HACCP) as well as the prerequisite programs that are
the foundation for effective HACCP. This role ensures that incoming
materials and products produced are safe, wholesome and of good quality by
establishing and maintaining food safety and quality auditing procedures
Key duties include:
- Leads the HACCP team, HACCP revalidation, and SQF certification;
- Drives food safety audits;
- Coordinates and participates in trials for raw materials, packaging and
- Assists in throughput enhancement efforts;
- Analyzes and reports trends in raw, package, finished product and
- Assists production in controlling quality with appropriate test
procedures and frequencies on the line and auditing of finished products;
- Implements and adheres to Food Safety Programs;
- Directs and coordinates sanitation actions through supervisors
twenty-four hours a day, including master sanitation schedule cleaning,
pest control, painting, and special projects;
- Develops and implements Sanitation programs in accordance with company,
local, state, and federal guidelines; and
- Leads and deploys quality and food safety training and education
With 2007 sales of nearly $12 billion, Kellogg Company is the world's
leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods, including
cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen waffles, and meat
alternatives. Visit www.kelloggcompany.com.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an
inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse
talent of its people. Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V
Degree in Food Science or a related field, plus a minimum of eight years of
experience is required, OR a Masters Degree in Food Science or a related
field, plus a minimum of five years of experience is required, OR a High
School Diploma or GED, plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in a food
production environment is required.
Candidate must have:
- Broad knowledge of operations and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Knowledge of statistical process control techniques and their application
to process control.
- Thorough understanding of food safety science and principles including
microbiological food safety risks and corrective actions.
- Proven successful experience in Quality & Food Safety Systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation
- Working knowledge and use of computers and common software (such as MS
- Thorough understanding of sanitation practices and procedures and pest
- Strong people and project skills and the ability to manage multiple
people, programs and projects.
This job involves extended work schedules, and time commitments, tight time
deadlines and changing priorities.
The candidate must be able to conduct inspections of the facility, which
includes climbing ladders/stairs and working within small areas, and
working on weekends.
Candidate must be able to manage individuals at various levels and
development to ensure their success.
Candidate must be able to use influencing skills or provide direction as
appropriate to drive food safety and quality improvement initiatives.
This position has considerable interaction with Corporate Quality, third
party auditors, and regulatory officials.
applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States
now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Top of Form
position is currently accepting applications.