Supervisor, Food Safety & Quality-11002930 – Atlanta, GA
This position assures that all products produced are safe and wholesome and that they meet company standards for quality and consistency in a large manufacturing facility (less than 1000 employees).
· Assures compliance to all areas of manufacturing including raw materials processing finished product storage handling and shipping as well as developing, implementing, and maintaining a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points Program.
· Assists in the development and maintenance of raw materials sub- assembly and finished product specifications.
· Approves all raw materials for use in production via sampling and inspection guidelines.
· Monitors packaging containers for quality and capacity.
· Coordinates with management in areas of safety and discipline as prescribed by company policy to insure compliance with local and federal regulations.
· Takes appropriate steps to insure product safety awareness among employees.
· Coordinates training for all employees in the areas of HACCP GMP's and other regulations and insures documentation of program.
· Ensures that the preoperative sanitation inspections are conducted and proper follow- up occurs when unsanitary conditions exist.
· Monitors the established programs for incoming raw ingredients in the areas of product rotation sampling, frequency sample testing, and reporting of data to management to assure conformance to specifications.
· Supervises testing procedures to ensure analysis methods are accurately followed.
· Establishes and maintains a systematic sampling of in-process and finished product using acceptable techniques.
· Keeps records of all tests performed.
· Aids and assists in areas of new product development assuring new product specifications meet quality assurance levels.
· Assists the USDA inspector in charge in the resolution of Process Deficiency Records or any other issues (labels sampling records etc.).
· Audits plant compliance to Federal and State regulatory standards and reports any deviation to Quality Assurance and Plant Management Supervises.
· Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience:
· Minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
· Prefer HACCP certified or experience with developing/monitoring HACCP programs.
· Prefer experience with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) programs, such as BRC or SQF.
· Knowledge of math chemistry and microbiology necessary.
· Intermediate skill in the use of electronic general ledger systems including the generation and use of reports from electronic general ledger systems.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions as well as professional journals technical procedures or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally as well as in writing .
· Ability to effectively present information at meetings and respond to employees all levels of management and related business units.
· Demonstrated supervisory experience.
· Experience in food or beverage manufacturing helpful.
: US-Georgia-ATLANTA-GA-ONE LEMON LANE (1017)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org