BAIHATA CHARIALI, Nov 16 – One SurabhiDeka (9), daughter of GaneswarDeka of Alta village near Kamalpur,
died due to food poisoning on the way to hospital today, taking the toll in
the incident to two. Forty persons had fallen ill after taking prasad at a shraddha ceremony
of one Samir Das, resident of Nagaon-Atharagaon near Puthimari on
November 13 night. Out of these, one BobitaDeka (4) succumbed during treatment at GMCH.
Meanwhile, former State Education Minister ThaneswarBoro and former Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Moidul Islam Bora today visited the Kamalpur
CHC and interacted with the affected person. The leaders said that the State
Food and Civil Supply Department has totally failed to provide safe food
stuff to the people of Assam.
They demanded a high-level inquiry into the incident.
It may be mentioned that on October 25 also, over a hundred people, including
children and elders, had taken ill after consuming gram at PoradhapSatra of KararaGarbhitar under Rangiya subdivision.