Technologist, Food – Englewood, CO
Relocation: If necessary, relocation assistance will be provided in
accordance with Nestlé's relocation policy.
Optimize existing products and develop new frozen food products for Nestlé.
Work with moderate supervision to develop new retail products designed to
meet the needs of consumers. To optimize product quality via improvements in
ingredients, processing strategies and formulation.
1. Develop new products and line extensions.
2. Improve existing products.
3. Evaluate alternate ingredient suppliers.
4. Evaluate alternate processing methodologies for improvements in products, efficiencies,
yields and product quality.
5. Work closely with manufacturing, purchasing, quality assurance, marketing
in a team environment to develop and launch new and improved products.
6. Develop solutions to a wide range of formula, processing, efficiency
7. Manage project teams for alternate supplier projects, line extensions and
new product development of moderate complexity. This can also include the
management of a portion of an inter-departmental project.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
' Minimum of BS degree in Food Science or related field preferred, but not
' Position requires approximately 35% travel.
' Prefer 2-3 years experience in food science or related field.
' Good oral and written communication skills in order to communicate with all
levels of management
' Good formulation skills and understanding of food systems, a passion for
' Good organizational skills
' Highly motivated and goal oriented
' Ability to adapt to change
' Must be a team player and possess good interpersonal skills
' Requires a high degree of integrity, maturity and honesty.
' Knowledge of ingredient functionality
' Knowledge of frozen food processing and microwavable foods is a plus
' Understanding of sensory testing and statistics is a plus but not a
' Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
' Good understanding of the relationship of processing equipment and
' Working understanding of financial costing analysis methodology and