Food Safety Applications Scientist you will be a key member of the US
Food Safety sales team within the Thermo Scientific Instrument
Division. In this customer facing
role you will be actively involved in partnering with the sales team as a
technical representative for pre and post sales activities.
· Provide research level
applications assistance to existing customer base for the purposes of
· Support field sales personnel in
corporate and regional trade shows, seminar and technical symposia.
· Provide timely response back to
customers on sample analysis and feasibility study activities.
· Assist US Sales Manager with
product training of newly appointed field sales engineers.
· Participate in corporate project
teams in identifying new applications and products to improve business
· Provide consultation to
customers with regards to sample analysis recommendations.
· Work collaboratively with
factory product lines.
· BS/MS/PhD. in chemistry,
biochemistry or equivalent.
· 3+ years experience lab experience
in industrial or academic environment; Food Industry experience with
large food/beverage company or contract research organization is highly
· High level of expertise in Liquid
Chromatography including a working knowledge of UHPLC.
· Expertise in high-end LC/MS (Triple
Quad, Ion Trap, Orbitrap).
· Background in GC/MS platforms and
· Broad hands on experience in
organic, inorganic or related instrumentation
· Ability to work within a complex
global team environment
· Proven ability to present within
small and large technical/non technical audiences
· Excellent communications skills
· Availability for up to 50% business
US near large metropolitan airport; San Jose California preferred