Food Poisoning: Is There A Concern About Melamine
Source of Article: http://stcloud.injuryboard.com/defective-and-dangerous-products/food-poisoning-is-there-a-concern-about-melamine-for-the-united-states.aspx?googleid=251594
November 21, 2008 - 09:30 AM
For some time now, there has been concern in China about the inclusion of melamine in products. Melamine is a chemical used in making plastics and fertilizer. Recently, it has been improperly used by companies to up the product's perceived protein content.
Testing that was done suggests that the melamine level was nearly double the maximum permissible level. These findings are significant because this summer melamine tainted milk powder sickened more than 50,000 Chinese children and led to the deaths of four babies. The World Health Organization says that melamine and cyanuric crystals, which can grow and block the tunules, have been found in the kidneys of some Chinese children.
has been issuing alerts as the result of candy that has entered it's country from
The FDA is advising consumers not to consume the following products because of possible melamine contamination:
· Fresh and Crispy Jacobina Biscuits New!
· Koala's March Crème filled Cookies
· YILI Brand Sour Milk Drink
· YILI Brand Pure Milk Drink
· Blue Cat Flavored Drinks
· White Rabbit Candies
· Mr. Brown Mandehling Blend Instant Coffee (3-in-1)
· Mr. Brown Arabica Instant Coffee (3-in-1)
· Mr. Brown Blue Mountain Blend Instant Coffee (3-in-1)
· Mr. Brown Caramel Macchiato Instant Coffee (3-in-1)
· Mr. Brown French Vanilla Instant Coffee (3-in-1)
· Mr. Brown Mandheling Blend instant Coffee (2-in-1)
· Mr. Brown Milk Tea (3-in-1)
formula manufactured in
If you suffer from food poisoning, you need to get immediate medical care. If it continues or there are long term affects you should contact an attorney concerning the problem. Early investigation can include the collection of samples, checking for health alerts, and the proper notifying of those that caused the problem.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com