Australia: Family sues smallgoods company over death

Source of Article:

Posted Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:29pm AEDT
Updated Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:44pm AEDT

The family of a man who died after eating contaminated meat is suing the smallgoods company which made the products.

Richard Formosa died in the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) in October 2005, about a fortnight after being admitted with complications from diabetes.

Documents lodged with the Supreme Court allege Mr Formosa was given meat contaminated with listeria and supplied by Conroy's Smallgoods.

His mother, Doris Formosa, 79, and her disabled son, Vernon, are suing Conroy's and the RAH for negligence.

Their statement of claim alleges they have suffered psychologically since the death of Mr Formosa, who was a carer for both of them.

The document claims Mrs Formosa developed an obsession with talking to her dead son's photographs as if he were still alive.



Main Page

setstats            Copyright (C) All rights reserved under

            If you have any comments, please send your email to