Company is seeking a Quality and Food Safety Manager in our Seelyville, IN Bakery.
This role is responsible for the Food Safety, Quality Assurance and
Sanitation functions within the plant. This role drives continuous
adherence and improvement of the facilities HACCP program. This includes
the Food Safety Plan (HACCP) as well as the prerequisite programs that are
the foundation for effective HACCP. This role ensures that incoming
materials and products produced are safe, wholesome and of good quality by
establishing and maintaining food safety and quality auditing procedures
Key duties include:
- Leads the HACCP team, HAACP revalidation, and SQF certification
- Drives food safety audits
- Coordinates and participates in trials for raw materials, packaging and
- Assists in throughput enhancement efforts
- Analyzes and reports trends in raw, package, finished product and
- Assists production in controlling quality with appropriate test
frequencies on the line and auditing of finished products.
- Implements and adheres to Food Safety Programs
- Directs and coordinates sanitation actions through supervisors
hours a day, including master sanitation schedule cleaning, pest control,
painting, and special projects
- Develops and implements Sanitation programs in accordance with company,
local, state, and federal guidelines
- Leads and deploys quality and food safety training and education
With 2007 sales of nearly $12 billion, Kellogg Company is the worlds
leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods,
including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen waffles,
and meat alternatives. The Companys brands
include KelloggsÂ®, KeeblerÂ®,
Pop-TartsÂ®, EggoÂ®, Cheez-ItÂ®, ClubÂ®, Nutri-GrainÂ®, Rice KrispiesÂ®,
All-BranÂ®, Special KÂ®, Mini-WheatsÂ®,
Chips DeluxeÂ®, SandiesÂ®,
Morningstar FarmsÂ®, Famous AmosÂ®
and KashiÂ®. . Kellogg products are manufactured
in 18 countries and marketed in more than 180 countries around the world.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an
inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse
talent of its people. Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V
Degree in Food Science or a related field, plus a minimum of 10 years of
experience is required. Or, a Masters Degree in Food Science or a related
field, plus a minimum of seven years of experience is required. Or, a High
School Diploma or GED, plus a minimum of 15 years of experience in a food
production environment is required.
Candidate must have:
- Broad knowledge of operations and good manufacturing practices.
- Proven successful experience in Quality & Food Safety Systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation
- Working knowledge and use of computers.
- Thorough understanding of sanitation practices and procedures and pest
- Strong people and project skills and the ability to manage multiple
programs and projects.