QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNOLOGIST – LEGENDARY BAKING
OAK FOREST, IL
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Quality Assurance Technologist is a member of the facility Quality Assurance Department, and gets functional direction from the Quality Assurance Manager. This position interacts with plant management and crewmembers to help verify food quality and food safety. This position has duties which include data analysis, report writing, and formal communication with internal and external suppliers and customers. Some management responsibilities are required of this position. This position also provides training relating to food quality and food safety.
food quality and food safety through auditing and reporting. Keep management team informed of any
changes in formulas or product specifications.
2. Consult and advise plant management on quality issues. Work with the team to find solutions to problems.
3. Responsible for the knowledge, understanding, and of all company policies and regulations. Works to ensure company Vision Values and Culture is understood and followed by all employees starting with she/he behavior of leading by example.
4. Monitors and records food safety or security issues and concerns daily. Communicates and resolves any violations of food safety or security when it is observed or reported. Escalates food safety or security issues and concerns to QA or Assistant Manager and Plant Manager as appropriate.
the requirements of production and distribution into the weekly task list.
steps to identify, isolate and report poor quality or potentially unsafe food
materials. Work with plant management
to safely evaluate and disposition all such materials.
quality assurance tasks by providing help in support of specific projects.
training as necessary to verify product quality and compliance with
9. Inspect ingredients, packaging materials, work-in-process (WIP), and finished products for compliance with specifications. Work with plant management to find and test solutions to problems.
10. Conduct periodic sanitation, GMP and
HACCP audits. Review findings with
11. Data collection, analysis and
recommendations are required. Conduct
studies to identify problems or potential problems relating to food quality
and food safety.
12. Maintain QA and HACCP records, as
directed. Verify all critical control points in plant.
13. Audit processes and procedures to ensure food quality and food safety. Verify compliance with company specifications, customer requirements and regulatory requirements.
1. Position must be able to:
work in -10 to 100 °F environments for short periods of time
handle hot and cold materials and equipment
reach above shoulder and below knee level
submerge hands in hot water and cleaners
30% Walk 40% Stand 20%
– verbal and written with good listening skills
writing shills in addition to advanced mathematical and reasoning skills to
define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
food using sensory skills (appearance, flavor, aroma, consistency)
6. Occasionally lifts or moves weights up to 25 pounds
SKILL OR SPECIALIZATION REQUIRED:
Four year degree in Food Science or related field. Must be able to successfully complete and become SQF Level 2 certified. Must be computer literate, including word processing and spreadsheet applications. Must be able to work independently, at a fast pace, follow and give directions and make decisions. Must have the ability to interact positively with all employees.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com