Food Safety QA Specialist – 11004151 – Buffalo, NY
Regular - Full-time
To insure food safety, consistent quality products, enhance our people’s skill in quality knowledge and application, meet or exceed all governmental regulations pertaining to food safety, weights and measures, and other regulations which are pertinent.
With nearly $19 billion in annual revenue, US Foods is the 10th largest private company in America, and a leading foodservice distributor. Many of the entities that make up US Foods were founded in the 19th century, including one that sold provisions to travelers heading west during the 1850s gold rush. US Foods offers more than 350,000 national brand products and its own high-quality "exclusive brand" items, ranging from fresh meats and produce to prepared and frozen foods. The company proudly employs approximately 25,000 people in more than 60 locations nationwide, and provides the finest quality food and related products to more than 250,000 customers, including independent and multi-unit restaurants, healthcare and hospitality entities, government and educational institutions. The company is headquartered in Rosemont, IL and jointly owned by funds managed by Clayton, Dubilioer & Rice Inc. and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. Discover more at www.usfoods.com.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for insuring food safety, consistency and quality of products, enhancing our people's skill in quality knowledge and application, meeting or exceeding all governmental regulations pertaining to food safety, weights and measures, and other regulations which are pertinent.
· Management of Daily Quality Assurance and Food Safety activities in all plant areas: temperature checks, GMPs, pre-operational inspections, pre-shipment reviews, product evaluations, etc.
· Work closely with USDA to ensure compliance to all federal regulations; Responsible for noncompliance responses and corrective actions
· Responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of in-plant programs and company's Food Safety and Quality Assurance policies and procedures
· Management of the facility's HACCP plan and responsible for its implementation and re-assessments; Maintaining all HACCP records
· Audits and verifies compliance to SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) Program including supervision and training of sanitation employees
· Management of the Customer Complaint Program
· Coordinates the plant's Recall and Mock Recall programs
· Responsible for Hold and Release Program
· Management of the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) Program
· Works closely with US Foodservice Corporate FSQA department - Monthly score card, Quality Programs, GFSI Program, etc.
· Interfaces with production management in compliance with customer standards/ Manages accountability to the front line, ensuring immediate reaction and resolution to situations
· Supervision of Sanitation staff
· Responsible for training plant employees in GMPs, HACCP, Food Security, etc.
· Primary liaison for 3rd Party and Customers' Food Safety audits
· Performs special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Food, Meat Science or related field preferred
· Meat industry background/experience with food safety/quality knowledge in a meat production environment
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Leadership qualities and project management skills
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook
- Day Job
- Food Safety
- Individual Contributor
U.S. Foodservice is an EEO/AA employer.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org