Source of Article: http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/20081125TDY02309.htm
The Yomiuri Shimbun
A three-Michelin star restaurant has voluntarily recalled jars of a black soybean product after a toxic bacteria was detected in several jars of the luxury food, it was learned Monday.
Bacillus cereus, a bacteria
that can cause food poisoning, was detected in jars of Kuromame
Binzume sold by Kagurazaka
Ishikawa, a high-class Japanese restaurant in Kagurazaka,
No reports have been made of consumers being sickened by the beans.
The product was made on license from Kagurazaka Ishikawa at the
The bacteria was found in items with an expiry date of Dec. 30, 31 and Jan. 1., with 120 jars having been shipped to date.
The product is mainly sold at the Takashimaya
(Nov. 25, 2008)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com