Manager, Food Safety – Feeding America – Chicago, IL
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and passionate about results.
Feeding America a national, nonprofit organization and the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
We have an opportunity for a Manager, Food Safety to join our Compliance & Capability Development Team. In this role, the Manager, Food Safety:
· Applies food safety technical acumen to practical food banking processes. Promotes and educates the network on the new Network Food Safety Standard (i.e. conferences, FAU courses).
· Transitions Food Safety Council and Food Safety Task Force members to a committee supporting the network advancement in food safety in a peer to peer capacity.
· Creates & manages training and networking opportunities for the implementation of enhanced food safety standards in the network.
· Provides technical assistance to Network members. Supports the Network to implement HACCP plans where required. Monitors and coordinates recalls and refines current practices.
· Develops, maintains, and enhances external relationships with appropriate food safety and public health organizations.
· Monitors food safety information released by FDA, USDA, and AFDO in relation to the work of the network.
· Serves as a trainer and resource to internal staff on the issue of food safety. Reviews and updates the existing Food Safety Standards and other technical assistance as needed.
· Supports and advises staff and network during food safety crisis. Manages the content on the Food Safety Hungernet (intranet) page.
· Maintains and reports as requested on the Enterprise Risk Management food safety project.
· Provides technical assistance to federal policy makers in the areas of food safety in cooperation with staff in Government Relations, as requested.
· Travels to provide technical support to member food banks, travel accounts for approximately 25% of the role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following education, skills and experience:
· BA/BS in Food Science or Microbiology
· Food Safety and HACCP Certifications
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in food safety education, experience in food safety crisis management, and experience working with legal and regulatory bodies and recall processes.
· Excellent oral and written presentation, communication, and project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to attend to detail, focus on service and willingness to learn.
· Demonstrated experience in program implementation.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation and Benefits
Feeding America offers market competitive compensation and a generous benefits package with options to meet your life needs including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· 401(k) with company match
· Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
· Flexible Work Environment and Business Casual Dress
· Training and Career Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an application, including a resume and cover letter, detailing how their career experiences and interests meet the qualifications of the position. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com