The mission of the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) is to increase food
security and reduce hunger in partnership with cooperating
organizations by providing children and low income people with access
to food, a healthy diet, and nutrition education in a manner that
supports American agriculture and inspires public confidence. Please
for descriptions of the programs administered by the Food and Nutrition
Applications will be accepted from U.S. Citizens who meet any
of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply."
Who May Apply:
1. Current permanent Federal employees with competitive status or
former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
2. Individuals eligible for the USDA Career Transition Assistance
Program (CTAP) from the local commuting area;
3. Individuals eligible for the Interagency Career Transition
Assistance Program (ICTAP) from the local commuting area;
4. Current Federal employees in excepted service positions covered
by an interchange agreement;
5. Individuals eligible for noncompetitive appointment under
authorities such as the Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA),
disabled individuals, returned volunteers from the Peace Corps or
6. USDA employees currently serving on a Veterans' Recruitment
Appointment (VRA); or
7. Individuals eligible for consideration under the Veterans'
Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). This applies to veterans
with preference or veterans separated from the armed forces under
honorable conditions after substantially completing three years or more
of continuous active service.
For more information on Veterans' programs, please see the VetsInfo Guide
Individuals who do not meet the above may apply under 08-FNS-059P,
open to the Public.