Food Scientist (Job Number: 001672) – Santa Monica, CA
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
The Food Scientist at Red Bull North America, Inc. will manage all aspects of food science, ingredient safety and efficacy, and related research in close collaboration with the Global Science Department. The Food Scientist will develop a network of North American scientific experts to complement the existing international network. He/she will help to design, develop and monitor research studies to support key company objectives. He/she will support the product innovation team including new idea generation and prototype development.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES TO ENSURE ACHIEVEMENT OF KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES
· Identify key relevant local scientific experts to develop network of external resources to broaden existing research and knowledge base for products and ingredients. Contact for internal and external scientists.
· Identify goals, design and monitor research studies [regarding efficacy and safety] with appropriate universities/institutions. Analyze and interpret data. Summarize information to develop communication output as appropriate. All research projects will be done in close collaboration with the Global Science Department.
· Evaluate and summarize relevant third party studies/media communications that may impact company products and/or ingredients.
· Meet with regulators and legislators to share information on product and ingredients. Attend scientific conferences and scientific organization (e.g. ILSI) meetings and trade association meetings.
· Provide technical assistance in resolution of customer complaints and potential regulatory controls.
· Monitor the industry for new developments and trends.
· Leverage expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality to support product innovation team. Develop product formulations that support the company's strategic commercial objectives. Provide technical assessment/perspectives related to new product development.
· Give (in-house) presentations and trainings on product safety and efficacy.
KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES (WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE)
The Food Scientist will work with the RBNA Regulatory Team to insure that:
• Regulatory issues are not a barrier to trial or consumption.
• Energy Drink Category is well defined, understood and accepted by key stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or a related field with 10+ years of experience in a business environment and record in food law required. Graduate degree preferred. Know-how in functional foods is an advantage.
· Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives.
· Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources.
· Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions.
· Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/tasks.
· Strong communication skills (oral and written), especially the ability to explain complex scientific concepts to non-experts.
· Willingness to travel. Self-motivated team player, flexible.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com