Senior Food Safety Specialist-Corp52027 – Philadelphia, PA
Position will be responsible for providing technical support and expertise to the S&RC department and the organization concerning food safety exposures. Individual will support Global Food Safety Consultant to identify current state in the area of food safety and develop and execute ARAMARK policies, programs and standards on a global basis to reduce food safety exposures. Individual will be responsible for executing tactical plans to drive continuous improvement and minimize exposure in the area of food safety compliance. Position will be responsible for identifying all types of food safety exposures and developing and implementing sound food safety management programs.
· Develop field friendly food safety processes, programs, procedures, enabling systems, and tools to support ARAMARK's Risk Management System and Line of Business (LOB) clients. Based on field observations and LOB client needs, build and communicate ARAMARK's global standards as it relates to food safety.
· Develop, execute and maintain a national strategy for governance and regulatory compliance associated with food safety that includes measurement and monitoring to evaluate effectiveness.
· Assist LOBs during any alleged foodborne illness outbreaks, and or any type of other claims associated with food; support Global Food Safety Consultant during crisis management and ARAMARK's crisis management team as it relates to food safety, food contamination, etc.
· Assess training needs associated with food safety, and develop structured training programs and determine the appropriate delivery model for required safe food handling training.
· Conduct field-based food safety compliance assessments to determine adequacy of existing programs, procedures, tools, etc. Assist LOBs in identifying exposures associated with Department of Health regulations, while assisting them with regulatory compliance.
· Integrate and work with Supply Chain to ensure food safety systems work seamlessly throughout the organization.
· Provide support during contract review of new and existing business to identify food safety system exposures associated with scope of work.
· Provide oversight/management of third party vendors that provide food safety support (e.g., assessments, disaster forensics, management system, etc.
· Field LOB inquires requiring specific food safety technical support, including assisting LOBs during any alleged complaints, compliance inspections, and resolution of notice of violations, citations, etc.
Individual will have a direct reporting line to Global Food Safety Consultant. Must possess strong communication and consultative skills with demonstrated ability to assess potential food safety risks and to propose sound business solutions. Individual must be client focused with excellent tactical skills to support and sustain organizational change around food safety matters. Individual must be able to handle multiple, competing priorities and solve problems with certainty. Success in this position will also require excellent project and time management skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
· Bachelor's degree in microbiology, food science or other food related field (MS preferred).
· 7+ years professional experience in food safety required. Experience in management systems or certified food safety professional designation preferred.
· Diverse background/experience in addressing all types of food safety exposures and a proven track record of developing and implementing sound food safety management programs.
· A strong understanding of food safety best practices (i.e., HAACP) and Department of Health and local food safety regulations is also required.
· Knowledgeable of ISO 22000 principles (to serve global clients) is desirable.
· Working knowledge of quality assurance programs (Six Sigma, ISO etc) is a plus.
: Risk Management
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com