Farmers of America
Kansas City, USA
Job Title: Food Scientist
Area of Interest: Research & Development
- BS in Food Engineering, Food Science, or a related Scientific area
required; MS preferred
- 1-3 years of previous food experience preferred
- Think critically.
- Employ advanced Mathematics and Chemistry.
- Employ the Scientific Method in problem solving.
- Manage projects with regard to deliverables and schedules.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of groups and technical levels.
- Adapt to changes.
- Strong project logistical management skills.
- Knowledge of production-scale processing equipment and issues.
- Basic understanding of technical issues/needs, financial, sales, and
marketing as related to product design and development.
The Food Scientist position reports to the Senior Director of Product
Development and Technical Research with additional reporting responsibilities
to the R&D Scientists. The Food Scientist is responsible for assisting
R&D Scientists and others in implementation of the activities, plans, and
projects designated by the Senior Director. This includes developing
formulations, modifying customer formulations, developing LACF thermal
processes, and support of all activities and documentation associated with
commercialization of products in DFA's manufacturing facilities.
- Assist with project management.
- Product formulation.
- Product processing.
- Thermal process development.
- Customer sample production.
- Plant Pilot support including manufacturing documentation creation.
- Maintenance and preparation of R&D laboratories.
- Maintenance and preparation of Pilot Plant equipment.
- Ordering of ingredients, equipment, and parts.
- Batch ingredient weighing.
- Support of QA&C group with regard to thermal processing.
10220 N. Ambassador Dr.
64153 Kansas City, MO, USA
Copyright (C) All rights
reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your
email to firstname.lastname@example.org