Food Safety Specialist 2nd Shift – Tar Heel, NC
Division : Smithfield Packing
Location : Tar Heel NC US 28392
Category : Manufacturing/Production/Operations
Job Type : Full Time
Job Description :
· Develop, implement and validate science based HACCP plans for each process within the facility.
· Develop, implement and validate science based Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) for all areas and processes within the facility.
· Manage the Regulatory function to ensure compliance with all FSIS Regulations, Directives, and Policies.
· Maintain daily records of HACCP, SSOP and Regulatory paper work, reviewing to assure the production of safe and wholesome food products
· Develop and implement training programs to instruct employees to monitor and document HACCP, SSOP, and other required functions.
· Supervise the onsite Food Safety staff.
· Participates in management meetings and communicate with management personnel regarding plant Food Safety issues, also assists or fill in for Department Manager with other task such as; Responding to FSIS Non-Compliance Reports, conducting Food Safety meetings, complete weekly and monthly reports viewed by Corporate VPs and higher, effectively perform a mock recall, revise HACCP, SSOP and regulatory paperwork and plans as needed, validate HACCP and SSOP Programs, perform pre-operational inspection (as necessary).
Job Requirements :
· Bachelor of Science Degree and HACCP Certifcation required.
· Three (3) years of experience in the Meat Industry.
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
· Requires computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SAP knowledge a plus.
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org